Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spilling over

...and not with joy! Argh! I had this painting blocked in and about 1/3 done when the vase tipped over, sending the flowers spilling out all over the table. Getting them back into position was not going to happen >: ( I thought perhaps I could wing it from there and carried on, but I should have just wiped it down and started over. I guess this is when it would be beneficial to have a few extra paintings done so I could have subbed one in. What do my fellow bloggers do in a case like this? Post or skip a day? On a more positive note, watching Virtue and Moir skate to gold was amazing!
6" x 6" / oil on panel / n/a

6 comments:

Aimee D said...

I guess that's just the risk of painting from life. I think you made a great stab at it anyway--I'm glad you posted this one. I love the orange/white/blue combination, very nice!

Unknown said...

Skip a day :) which I have done before LOL. It is nice to have some back up paintings though too. Things like that happen sometimes, but hey I think it's a really nice painting!

Best wishes!

Dana

Janie B said...

I hope you can finish this one. It looks great so far. I love the complementary colors. I was very happy for the Canadian ice dancers who won gold. They had a beautiful performance.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Call it a WIP! Just a little joke. Actually, I cannot take the pressure as I have many days I cannot complete a painting. I usually have a week or two of posts ready to go. Is that cheating?

Kim Rempel said...

No, it's not cheating - it's smart! I try to work a few days ahead, but then I catch up and am painting day-to-day again. I guess I just have to get a solid week ahead! Thanks for the comments everyone!

Gwen Bell said...

Really like the palette in this and in "Sushi anyone?". That Cad Red is so gorgeous next to the turquoise.