Saturday, February 6, 2010

Untitled

Just finished this ( I think I've finished it) so I haven't come up with a title yet. I began this piece in fall and put it aside, not sure which direction to go with it. The "bones" were there, but I still had more to do. It was painted in an old cedar grove that feels quite magical. The ground is like sponge, the scent woodsy and green and once inside you're cushioned from ambient noise. Serenity. These four twisted, beautiful trunks rose from the ground and made me think of a group of old friends or siblings.
30" x 40" / acrylic on canvas

8 comments:

Kerri Settle said...

This is cool, it has a strong graphical feel to it. I love the colors and I love magical old trees.

Janie B said...

This is beautiful! I love it! The colors are perfect and the trees very interesting.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

This does indeed look magical. It reminds me of a Disney movie, I expect to see an old character with a white bead down to his knees and a tall cone shaped hat with a star, run through at any moment.

I particularly like the way you handled the background. OOOhh this is spooky, my word verification is "demons", did you arrange that?

Tammy Hext said...

I went OOOoooo as soon as I saw it. It does have a magical feel - the trees feel alive.

jennifer woodburn said...

Beautiful! You have definitely captured what you describe in words.

Kim Rempel said...

Well, thank you so much for your feedback! Perhaps I have finished it then : )

Ron Bhatia said...

Yes. You have finished it. It is beautiful Kim. Love the combination of glowing red and orange. Very nice!

Shelly Sargent said...

mossy magic... so beautiful Kim...

And yep, I would say its done!