Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yellow tulips

Sunday post: Sundays I take the day off and post a work previously done, from my website.
This morning I thought I'd post this painting I did a few years ago of tulips from my garden. I LOVE tulips. Every couple of years I like to plant a new bunch - they really make me happy! So I have a variety: bright clumps, big old-fashioned bowl types (like these ones), tulips with pointed tips, and one of my favourites - peony tulips. The ones I painted here have a delicate honey scent. Mmmm.....

4 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

A great post for Easter morning. I love the lilies from yesterday. Great composiition.

Linda Popple said...

The colors in this are beautiful! So bright and cheery! Very nice!

Ralph said...

What a great painting Kim. Hope you had a nice day off. It will not be too long before we have the tulips growing and blooming bring their joy.

Barbara Muir said...

This is beautiful Kim. The day off sounds like a great idea. I love the yellow against the red. Super colour.

Take care,

Barbara