Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Work in Progress


Today I was painting in the woods and it was dense, misty, overcast and balmy. For me it was a lot about the branches. And a bit about the colour. I'm tentative about pushing forward on this piece but I don't think it's quite done. I like what I have going in on in the middle of the piece (shown in detail) and the left and am thinking about developing the rest although I don't want it to feel too "done". You know, it's like cooking pasta: you want to stop at al dente and not end up with a pot of mush. Perhaps I need to put it away for a bit and revisit it at the end of the week.
30" x 30" / acrylic on canvas

4 comments:

LindaHunt said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy your direction here.

Anonymous said...

LOVING this work

Ralph said...

Kim I like this work I just get so captured by the abstract nature of it. Please do not overwork it it made me stop and look and look again I think that says a lot.

Shirley Marshall said...

I fell in love with the top picture first without realizing it was part of the lower one. The comfortable feeling of solidity in the top detail picture, comes from the bold composition .... whereas in the lower, it is scattered somewhat - but still nice. :)