Monday, November 29, 2010

Sweetness - SOLD

After such a nice weekend, there was only one thing I could paint today: treats from the Good Earth. I ducked out of the tent a few times to run over to the cooking school to purchase some of their cookies and handmade marshmallows! Yes, you read it correctly: who knew you could make these things? I thought they just came from a factory : )
These are soft, blush-coloured rosé marshmallow cubes (made by Amanda) and are a little bit of heaven ; ) They make awesome adult s'mores (with good dark chocolate of course) and I'm looking forward to floating them in some homemade cocoa this winter. The cookies (made by Mia) are linzer tarts, and after they posed for this painting sadly one went missing.
6" x 6" / oil on panel / $75

8 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Mmm, yum! I love all the wonderful things to eat this time of year. These sound heavenly. All they look good, too!

Kathy Cousart said...

Kim,
Wonderful painting with an amazing job on the transparent cellophane gift bag. Love the pink square marshmallows- who knew is right! Those would be gone quick at my house!

Santaray said...

Just a thought. That missing cookie? It may not have gone far. If you slide your had about your waist you might just find the one that went missing.

Love the image and everything about it!

martinealison said...

Mes yeux brillent à la vue de cette peinture. Comme cela doit être bon l'ensemble de ces douceurs!...
J'aime la manière que vous avez rendu l'emballage de vos biscuits... La mise en scène est parfait et je suis une bonne spectatrice mais une spectatrice frustrée puisque je n'ai pas eu le droit de goûter seulement eu le plaisir des yeux et il est grand...
Je fais chaque année pour les fêtes des guimauves... Les enfants même grands à présents les aiment tant.
Bisous

Ralph said...

One went missing I just love that line. I must remember that one for the next time one of those choclate biscuits ends up in my study.

Sandra Busby said...

Mmmmm..yumyumyummy... My mouth is watering thinking of dark chocolate and marshmallows. Suddenly the prawn salad I am munching on at this very moment doesn't taste nearly as good!

Kim Blair said...

Nice work on the cellophane Kim! Too bad a cookie went missing... these things happen.
;0)
Kim

Fay Akers said...

Kim I admire your wonderfully painterly work. I had to do some catching up as I haven't been by in while.