Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MEN: 2 - SOLD

Okay, I'm already starting to feel a little more "at home". In these two portraits you might notice they're the same pose and attire. I looked at a black and white photo and just...expanded from there. I'm not going to say who's photo I printed off as it does not look anything like the man yet (although one of my kids exclaimed: Is that...? And was right?!) but I will revisit this one! I'm going to have to take a lot of care with his facial proportions, and when I nail it, I'll let you know (or I won't need to - you'll be able to figure it out! lol) All the same I quite like the portrait!
6" x 6" / oil on panel / SOLD

9 comments:

Mermaid's Palette said...

Nice! I love this idea of a series!
Sheryl

Karen Bruson said...

Kim,
I'm liking these. I just started to do some, as well. It's great practice.

suzanneberry said...

great idea for a series kim and an incredible beginning! looking forward to seeing more! enjoy!

Denise SCARAMAI said...

Kim,
is fantastic this picture!
very focused and defined!
this will be a serie
of good solutions!
Greetings!
to hug

LindaHunt said...

I am inspired by these latest portrait studies! Love the vivid color and simplification.

martinealison said...

Bonne idée que de peindre une série de portraits... Bel exercice.
Bises

Linda Popple said...

Love these colors, Kim! I'm looking forward to this series! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree Great Idea - Well done :)

Barbara Muir said...

It does so look like him, and it's Pierre Trudeau right?

The eyes are so him.

If I'm wrong forgive me.

XOBarbara