Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Scribbling...and DoodleArt!

So today was one of those hectic days where I didn't have time to go to my studio and paint. We've all experienced those days, yes? : ) But my day was not an artistic loss - I have something very cool to share! A while back I found a hip blog called The Scribble Project, brainchild of Lisa Currie. Lisa designs templates that you print and then let loose on, and then send them to her to post on her blog. Fun. And it's open to everyone: no age, geographical or artistic requirements. Reminds me a bit of DoodleArt back in the day (although did you hear they're been re-issued (heart pounding)?! I gave a couple of them as presents last month! More on that in a minute). Anyway, I printed out a scribble page this morning, shoved it in my sketchbook and then pulled it out when I was waiting for my son to finish his music lessons. Problem is I kinda want to do one every day : )
Note on DoodleArt for those that remember the original: markers are way superior. Still over 60 hours of doodling fun ; ) Hey - I just checked out their website and saw that they were a Canadian company. I'd be interested in hearing from my American readers if they were available in the States as well. If this is the first time you've heard about them, hop over to their website and order. You can thank me later : )

6 comments:

martinealison said...

Je trouve votre croquis très amusant...
Je note régulièrement sur un agenda, ou parfois sur les étiquettes de mes pots de confiture, la météo, mon saut d'humeur...!
Je trouve votre idée géniale...
Peut-être vais-je essayer de l'employer pour mon prochain voyage ce 1er février prochain aux Philippines ?!...
Je vous fais de gros bisous

Sandra Busby said...

Doodles like this make me want to rush out and grab my pens! :0)

Anonymous said...

Kim, thank you so much for such a great post! I just got back from picking up my tube of Doodle Art and can't wait for the kids to get home from school so we can doodle together! (You even get a free pin inside the tube...shhh...). Thanks again for bringing up a great childhood memory!

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

So fun!! Love your sketches!

Barbara Muir said...

You are so good in any medium.

I don't remember Doodleart, but I'll check it out. When I was a kid I was out in the snow at this time of year, trying to get the next door neighbour kids to join my club. I guess that's why I teach. Ready made club. Pick a topic -- no I will.

XO Barbara

Jennifer Koach said...

I have always bee drawn to doodlers. Pun intended.