Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ARTLOVE: Sydney Licht

 Still Life with Bundles, 12"x12", oil on linen, 2011, Sydney Licht
~no information given as to title and size. Painting by Sydney Licht~
Still Life with Coffee and Tea, 16"x12", oil on board, 2010
Painting by Sydney Licht

Sydney is one my my newest painting crushes.
I have so many.
**blush**
I came across her work through Painting Perceptions. If you click on the link you can see more of her work and read a thoughtful interview with the artist by Neil Plotkin. There is also a short video of Licht in her studio. I just love this kind of painting. So thoughtful and such attention paid to compostion. Awesome.

5 comments:

mary maxam said...

Bundles,bags and boxes.....and you do them soooo well! Wonderful concept and painting technique!

Virginia Floyd said...

Wow, thanks for sharing! So beautiful. I've got to go see for myself!

c.dingman said...

Thank you for sharing. I live in the boonies and it is though the internet that I find out about the amazing art (yours included) that is out there.

Taylor said...

love hearing about your painting crush! i like her style! p.s. come and enter my free scrapbooking software giveaway!

Nancy Colella said...

This is just great!