Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's that time again...

Time for a studio clean. I missed my assistant. This morning I looked at my studio and there were so many paintings leaning against walls, so many bags and old brushes and dried up paint tubes, I felt too cluttered to work. So I hauled everything out, cleaned the floors and then began hanging pictures on the walls. The photo just above is the wall I didn't get to. 
As you can see from the photos below, the table areas will be waiting for me in the morning.
I still have a lot to bring back in. I'm clearly going to have to be selective ; ) What about you? Do you manage to clean as you go? Or do supplies and stuff breed when you're not looking? Always a challenge but it feels so good to get stuff cleaned out and work hung!

7 comments:

Maria Bennett Hock said...

I am terrible about straightening up. I wish I were more organized...I guess I wish I took the initiative to be more organized. Until then..I will paint! Your space looks great.

Susan Roden said...

I have piles . . . and piles . . . and piles of frames, glass, boxes, etc. Loving your studio Kim and think I better start sweeping out mine.

William Ternay said...

What is it with us "right-brained" types? My studio is always in a borderline state of chaos, with a little island in which I can actually do Art. Even I am getting tired of saying to my more organized sons and friends, "Ah...but I know where to find anything I need!" The fact is; I DON'T!
Thanks for the reminder Kim. Time to get it together.

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Kim,

Impressive amount of work, and industry in cleaning out. We have cleaners (super cleaners) who come once a week so I can manage to paint and teach part time when my husband's away. That forces me to tidy the surfaces. But I'm afraid the dining room table is off limits and piled with everything in my studio. (My studio's in the living room and dining room).

Good job.

XO Barbara

Victoria Arnott said...

My studio is incredibly unorganized and messy. But I am working on it! I just need to decide what is really important to keep and to find a spot for all of stuff that I do keep.

Your studio is truly beautiful Kim! And the amount of work that you have managed to produce is impressive. :)

Sandra Busby said...

Wow! What an amazing studio you have! And the paintings look so lovely all hanging up like that!

Mermaid's Palette said...

What a big job! I know the feeling, just moved in October and am still trying to get my stuff organized. Art supplies do seem to multiply!