Saturday, June 23, 2012

Plein Air

Yesterday was the second of five plein air sessions this summer at The Good Earth. The suffocating humidty broke overnight but it was still pretty hot. There were 9 painters who came out and painted up a storm. Awesome! I really have to get better with my shots though. I missed photos of 2 friends but had pictures of their paintings. Unfortunately the one directly below was under a red tent which cast a red hue over her piece - sorry! I tried to tone it down in Photoshop - it's a beauty in person : )
And we had...MALES! If you look closely at the second shot you'll see that Kelley MacDonald's jelly donut love has made it to Canada : )
Keeping cool in the shade
The days work. Congratulations everyone! Your work was great. There was a full range of painters: from never having held a brush to seasoned artists. I'm always impressed that people will be brave and come out. It's a lovely thing to be out in nature for a day, painting your surroundings, feeling the breeze around you. And of course, we were wined and dined by our hosts which fueled us for the afternoon. Thank you!


8 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

That is so cool Kim. :)) Look at those males! Would love to paint plein air with you one day, the next time I get to Canada. :D

PS I read your interview on DPO and loved it so much Kim. You are so inspiring and, well, I just think you're awesome. SO glad we're friends!!!!! :)))))

sheri said...

What a great experience the day was. As a novice painter, I surprised myself by actually bringing home a painting I felt pretty good about and I learned so much in one day. It was an inspiring and humbling experience. And a lot of fun :) Thanks to Kim for being a patient and thoughtful teacher.

Sandra Busby said...

What a wonderful experience! I would love to do this one day too. The paintings all look beautiful :0)

Pam Holnback said...

What a great day!

William Ternay, Jr. said...

Music stands for easels? What a great idea! Looks like everyone had lots of fun learning from you, Kim.

Brenda L Murray said...

Can't wait for the July Plein Air session!

Ray said...

Yes as a first time painter I brought a music stand as an easel. I thought that if I got too frustrated I could burst out into song. However Kim directed me through the rudimentary stages of brush strokes and colour mixing and I had brilliant time of it all.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I'm late seeing this, as I've been without internet for a week, but what a blast this was! Oh, I would have loved to have come cheer you guys on - you rock - and Ray - you make that shirt look good! Thanks for the shout-out, Kim, I have a billion email to catch up and and may have missed this! Hooray for you!