Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Plein Air Painting in Hespeler

Well, school is back in swing now and it's time for me to get back to blogging. Enough of my delinquent ways. But wow, the summer seemed to fly by. Is that age? : )
Today's post is from a plein air painting event that transpired August 25th: A Day and A Night in Hespeler Village. Artists were scattered around the village, along with musicians and a number of pop-up galleries. A great day! The musician near me was David Charles Fox. What a beautiful way to paint - with your own live musician! I was down by the water and it was very peaceful.
My set-up and the beginnings of my painting. Tomorrow I'll show the painting as it looks now.
 David Charles Fox, a fine musician and a visual artist as well.
Someone was attracted to cobalt blue.
 Back at one of the pop-up galleries at the end of the day with Sandy and Victoria.
Walls at one of the galleries


4 comments:

suzanneberry said...

what an wonderful idea! it must have been an incredible day! hope you are well. thanks for sharing the experience.

Tracey FK said...

Thrilled to have found your blog and be following and the pop up gallery at the end of the day is such a great idea... looking forward to seeing that painting finished...xx

Sandra Busby said...

I'd love a day out to do some outdoor painting one day. only the British weather is just so unpredictable, lol! I love how your painting looks already. I can't wait to see how it progresses :0)

Virginia Floyd said...

Amazing to see the beginning of your painting and the finish. It's lovely. I love all the red underpainting. Can't do that with oils unless I let it dry between painting sessions.