Tuesday, December 11, 2012

50% Online SALE continues + An Antique Christmas - SOLD

Whoa - it's been a week since I posted. To get you up-to-date - that canvas I last showed? It turned into a pile of mushy junk. Yep. All scraped off now. Also I've been plugging away in the studio, regrouping paintings, cleaning up etc... Exciting stuff. Yawn ; )
So this is an antique decoration that belongs to my Dad. It sits in an old shaker basket full of Christmas balls and other birds. I will snap a picture of it and share later this week - it's so lovely! Anyway, I like the way he paired the cardinal with the Christmas ball branch. Festive.
And THANKS to those who have ordered paintings from my sale! It continues through the month of December.
6"x6" / oil on canvas / $100 (includes free shipping worldwide)

2 comments:

Sandra Busby said...

Wow! I can't believe you threw it away! I once did that when I had almost finished a bear painting. I got so frustrated with it that I put my foot through the canvas, tee-hee!
But sometimes it's just better to start something new isn't it?
Anyway, your Christmas painting is gorgeous! :0)

Crystal Cook said...

Oy. The mushiness is to be despised isn't it? I HATE it when that happens!! I have a painting I"m working on now that is going so well I'm honestly surprised. I keep waiting to do something to goof it up!!

I LOVE this painting so much Kim!! You paint those shiny ornaments so well. I just adore them. Your holiday paintings are some of my favorites. :)