Monday, September 16, 2013

The Breath Thief by Kim Rempel

As far as I am concerned, a painting speaks for itself. What is the use of giving explanations, when all is said and done? A painter has only one language.
~Pablo Picasso

My newest painting, The Breath Thief, was tougher than tough. It morphed continually and took multiple twists and turns. I wish I had taken progress shots! I'm in this phase where I can't wait to get to my studio and paint, paint, paint. I'm dreaming of shapes and colour.
Too see more of my abstract paintings, please view my portfolio on Saatchi.
acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas / 16"x 20"x 1.75" / $560


5 comments:

Nicki said...

I am so excited that you are excited about painting! What a great place/state of mind in which to be!

I really like this one and I am seeing some very interesting things.

Karen Bruson said...

Loving these abstracts. Haven't visited in awhile.

Brenda L Murray said...

very cool Kim!
Cheers,
Brenda

Page Pearson Railsback said...

I am aghast at what you have done with your work ...It is gorgeous, thoughtful...Keep me posted

Barbara Muir said...

Wow I love this, and love the description of the mood. I am in a similar space. Love this sooo much.

XOXO Barbara