Thursday, May 28, 2015

Catch-up

Just to catch you up on a few things... yesterday I got word from Canvas Gallery that they had sold my painting Shenanigans! : )
Then today my day began like this:
The container of gesso slipped out of my hand, toppled over and spilled centimeters from my support. A lot of it. 
But it ended on a high note - I made a lot of progress on my painting today. Maybe it will be finished tomorrow and I can share it with you.
And lastly, I wanted to share this link because I can't get enough of watching Theo Jansen's Strandbeests! If you don't want to watch the entire 4.5 minutes, pop in at 25, 29 seconds and 1:40. Fascinating what people can create. These boggle my mind. Have a good weekend!



4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Congratulations! How wonderful. A beauty.

Super video too! Wow all round!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Hi Kim! NICE post and sale!

Rolina said...

Yay, great news about the sale! You have my sympathy with the gesso spillage - I did that recently with a (large) tin of varnish :(

Love the Strandbeests video - they are so clever!

Sandra Busby said...

Congratulations on another sale! It's a lovely painting and I really like the title. Watched the video... Crikey! Imagine one of those coming at you on the beach. Gaaaaggh!!! Amazing!!