Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Still here!

Well, it's been a while :) Still here, but this is definitely the longest break from posting I've ever taken. I've been working away and a lot has been happening but I have gone through social media/posting fatigue I guess. However...I'm back in the saddle and here is the month in review.
1. I marked my 7th year Blogivesary last week. Seven years! Maybe I was due for a time-out.
2. I got a job illustrating a children's book. My dream. This is what I majored in all those years ago at art school (advertising was my minor). I have been planning, sketching, drawing roughs, drawing final roughs, transferring drawings and painting madly for the past few weeks. I received permission from the author to share some of the finished illustrations here so here is my first one:
3. I sold a few paintings this month. Always good for the soul (and paying bills :) Here they are:
 All In / SOLD
 Cosmos with lemons / SOLD
 Spring bouquet / SOLD

And that's about it for today. Thanks for reading!
Oh - one more thing. There are a lot of things in the news lately that have crushed our hearts. I just found this bit of writing and would like to share. Take care everyone!

We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love. 

~Bones, "Mother and Child in the Bay," original airdate 2006 September 6th, spoken by the character Angela Montenegro, writing credits S.Nathan, H.Hanson, K.Reichs, and N.Hawley

2 comments:

Susan Roden said...

So nice Kim . . . and even more to read of your sales!
Love the bird especially.

Barbara Muir said...

Love these animal illustrations and I think they would also make an amazing set of china dishes! They are wonderful. Good for you selling so much art girl! You so rock.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara